A Chemical Peel is a resurfacing skin treatment which involves applying a product onto the skin to accelerate the turnover of skin cells and reveal smoother healthier skin.
It causes exfoliation of the dead layers of skin on the surface. This normally causes dead skin cells to shed and flake away during the peeling process. Depending on the type of Chemical Peel you have and how your skin reacts you may experience a small or minimal amount of peeling or a heavier peel effect.
A Chemical Peel can also target the deeper layers of your skin to tackle specific concerns. By treating the deeper layers, the ingredients of the skin peel encourage cellular renewal to regenerate and repair the skin. This can help treat skin concerns such as lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, acne, enlarged pores and scarring; as well as improving skin texture, smoothness and boosting collagen.
Chemical peels are defined as light, medium or deep according to the depth of the damage they cause.
Superficial peels damage only the epidermis, the most superficial skin layer. Medium peels may reach the top layer of the dermis, the second layer of the skin. Deep peels usually reach the deeper layers of the dermis.
Envy Beauty Aesthetics Pty Ltd use professional product ranges from MSKIN Pro and Skingen for our treatment solutions, more about some of our peels solutions are provided below.
Super Serum Peel with AHA / BHA / Enzyme / B3
- Reveals new healthy luminous skin.
- Breaks down built-up stratum corneum (dead skin cells) leaving the skin feeling soft & hydrated with a firm & plumped appearance.
Suitable for: All skins in need of exfoliation and a pick-me-up, this is an entry-level peel system with no prep or downtime needed.
Clear Correct Peel with Salicylic / Mandelic / Malic / Peptides
A corrective peel that works hard to address hyperpigmentation, aid healing process, exfoliates, decongests, normalises oil & pore size.
- Reduces lesions, heals and calms.
- Contains a potent combination of anti-inflammatory exfoliants, antibacterials, peptides & dermal renewing actives.
Suitable for: All skins in need of exfoliation including skins looking to treat blemishes, acne, over-productive sebaceous glands and Rosacea. This is an entry-level peel system with no prep or downtime needed.
C.E.O Peel with 2.5% Retinaldehyde / 5% Niacinamide 5% (B3) / Red Algae Extract
- Platinum grade anti-ageing complex with potent vitamins A + B + Lightening agents.
- Super actives & anti-inflammatories calm & instigate epidermal remodelling, aiding reversal of all signs of ageing brought on by extrinsic factors. Stimulates collagen & removal of scar tissue.
- Accelerates cellular migration to reveal clearer, healthy luminous skin
Suitable for: All skins in need looking for preventative and corrective treatment.
To correct signs of aging, uneven tone/ pigment, acne and any skin irregularities.
Super Fruit Jessner with AHA / BHA / Resorcinol
- Reveals healthy luminous skin & enhances cell renewal. Targets congested pores, acne, pigmentation, sun damage, scar tissue, aids stimulation of collagen.
- Accelerates the healing phase with added phytonutrients.
- Breaks down built up stratum corneum (dead skin cells) & reduces inflammation leaving the skin feeling supple, clear & hydrated with a firm & plumped appearance.
JESSNER is designed to induce peeling, a 5 to 7 day downtime period where skin can darken to pink or brown is normal, feels dry & will peel until fresh skin is revealed.
Suitable for: Acne, Congested, Hyperpigmented and All skins in need of exfoliation Fitzpatrick 1 – 3
- Jessner + Repair is a medium depth peel designed to reverse Acne, Scarring & extensive damage
- Peel can be done every 4 weeks until skin condition is under control, usually 3 – 4 treatments
Chemical Peel Post care (a post care sheet will be provided at treatment consultation prior to treatment)
- Avoid applying water or oil-based products for six to eight hours or preferably, overnight. Water can push the solution deeper into the skin & oil can neutralise the action of the peel
- From following day POST procedure: Cleanse, moisturise & apply sunblock for the next 7days. Reintroduce actives when skin has normalised – 7 days after procedure
- Application of heavier hydrators or semi occlusive balms aids healing phase & reduces discomfort caused by tautness & constant desquamation.
- DO NOT pick, peel OR scrub dry skin with cloth. Gently remove when washing face in circular motions with fingers
- DO NOT use Lactic Acid / AHA / BHA based products for 7-10 days post peel